As a NICEIC accredited electricians we bring years of experience offering design, installation, testing and maintenance to a large range of clients from domestic homeowners through to manufacturing facilities and schools.
A trusted and Experienced Electrical Contractors. 9POINT8 are an experienced electrical contractors who’s electricians can provide real technical expertise to all areas of electrical work, so that when clients select us as their electricians we can complete the tasks required no matter what the application.
INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL ELECTRICIANS
- Installation of lighting, power and distribution to offices, retail, warehousing and leisure facilities
- Design and installation of internal and external lighting
- Complete installation for New build projects
- Data cabling, CCTV and access control
- Fault Finding & Repair
- Planned and reactive maintenance
- Fire alarm and emergency lighting systems
- Machine wiring and installation.
DOMESTIC INSTALLATIONS & ADDITIONS
- Complete installations for single or multi occupied residences
- Part or complete house re-wires which will be installed in accordance to BS7671:2008
- Extension and conservatory wiring for building regulation approval
- NIC EIC fixed wire testing and landlord certificates
- CCTV & Intruder Alarm systems
- Fault finding and repair
ELECTRICAL TESTING & INSPECTION
- PAT Testing
- NICEIC fixed wire Testing
- Landlords Certificates
- Emergency Light Testing & Certification
- RCD testing to BS7671:2008
Call us today for more information
Call: 0161 241 9881
Click here for a call back
Fixed Wire Periodic Inspections
During its lifespan all electrical installations will require periodic inspections or condition reports for a number of reasons. For a household this may be required during the sale or purchase of a property or to find out the condition of an installation following a specific incident such as a flood or fire. Commerical & Industrial properties are required to have inspections done at regular intervals to ensure that all installations are safe and up to current standard to abide by Health & Safety requirments and fulfill a duty of care to their employees and visitors.
What does a periodic inspection involve:
- Check that electrical circuits or equipment aren’t overloaded.
- Check for any potential fire hazards or risk of electric shock.
- Identify defective or faulty electrical work.
- Check for adeqauet earthing and bonding.
- production of an edequate schedule of circuits.
In general period inspections test the electrical installation to make sure that it is safe and in good working order to assure the safety of yourself and the people working or visiting your property.
How often should you have a periodic inspection carried out?
- Domestic House – Every 10 years
- Commercial Property – Every 5 years
- Educational Extablishment – Every 3 Years
- Hospitals – Every 3 years
- Public Buildings – Every 3 years
Periodic inspection should also be carried out
- On change of occupancy or preperation for a new let.
- During the purchase or sale of a previously occupied property.
Property with regular contact with water such as swimming pools, marinas, fish farms etc are required to have periodic inspections on an annual basis.
What We Will Do During Your Inspection
We are NICEIC approved electricians and will test your electrical installation against the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations. BS 7671 – Requirements for electrical installations (IEE Wiring regulations).
Following our inspection we will issue a Electrical Installation Condition Report on NICEIC approved paperwork detailing any damage, deteriation or defects and any other aspects of the installation that are non-compliant with the current safety standards. If any dangerous or non-compliant conditions are found we will issue a ‘unsatisfactory’ certificate meaning remedial works will be required to the insallation. If the installation is deemed to be in good condition and meets current safety standards we will issue a satisfactory certificate meaning the installation is safe to use.
We take pride in offering excellent customer service and providng a clean and consentious service to all our clients. If you require a periodic inspection or have any queries you wish to discuss regarding your periodic inspection then please call us on: 0161 241 9881 where one of our team will be delighted to help you.